1. This competition is open to the parents or legal guardians of individual residents of the United Kingdom between the ages of 8 to 12 years old, with a height between 1.05 metres and 1.45 metres only (hereinafter referred to as “Participant(s)”). Employees of Kia and The Telegraph, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the competition are not eligible to enter. Entries from underage applicants will not be considered.
2. Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
3. To qualify for entry into the competition, Participants must enter with their personal details. Any person found using fraudulent details will have their winning entry voided and Kia reserves the right to pursue legal action.
4. The Participants must submit a written story explaining the most memorable footballing experience they have shared with their child to have the chance for their child to become Kia’s Official Match Ball Carrier onto the “Kia Parent Of The Year” Telegraph entry form. The Participants can also submit a video or photos.
5. Entry and participation in the competition is free and the Participant may enter more than once.
6. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries or entries sent through agencies and third parties will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of submission of an entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
7. Kia reserves the right to exclude any person from the competition who infringes the stated conditions of entry. Any person using prohibited aids, or otherwise seeking to obtain advantage by manipulations of any kind, will be excluded from the competition. In such cases, Kia also reserves the right to disallow prizes already awarded and demand return or repayment for the value of the prizes awarded thereafter.
8. The start date of the competition(s) is 11 October 2019
The match ball carrier experience will be available at the following games:
Celtic v SS Lazio game on 24/10 at Celtic Park, 18 Kerrydale St, Glasgow, G40 3RE
Arsenal v Victoria SC game on 24/10 at Emirates Stadium, Hornsey Road, London, N7 7AJ
Closing date for entry, midnight 15th October
Rangers v FC Porto game on 07/11 at Ibrox Stadium, 150 Edmiston Dr, Glasgow, G51 2XD
Wolverhampton Wanderers v SK Slovan Bratislava game on 07/11 at Molineux Stadium, Waterloo Rd, Wolverhampton, WV1 4QR
Manchester United v FK Partizan on 07/11 at Old Trafford, Sir Matt Busby Way, Stretford, Manchester, M16 0RA
Closing date for entry, midnight 29th October
Celtic v Stade Rennais game on 28/11 at Celtic Park, 18 Kerrydale St, Glasgow, G40 3RE
Arsenal v Eintracht Frankfurt game on 28/11 at Emirates Stadium, Hornsey Road, London, N7 7AJ
Closing date for entry, 19th November
Rangers v BSC Young Boys game on 12/12 at Ibrox Stadium, 150 Edmiston Dr, Glasgow, G51 2XD
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Besiktas JK game on 12/12 at Molineux Stadium, Waterloo Rd, Wolverhampton, WV1 4QR
Manchester United v AZ Alkmaar game on 12/12 at Old Trafford, Sir Matt Busby Way, Stretford, Manchester, M16 0RA
Closing date for entry, 3rd December
9. Your entry will stay valid and you will be entered into the draw for further UEL games played by the mentioned UK teams, if the team progress further into the competition. Your data will be deleted once your chosen team has left the competition.
10. Winners will be selected by a panel from Kia. The winners will be selected based on authenticity and originality of the post.
11. Winner announcements will take place after the competition is over.
12. The winner’s child will be the Official Match Ball Carrier of one of the matches in the 2019/2020 UEFA Europa League season. The prize comprises of the following for the child and the Participant and one other: travel, x3 tickets, catering and transportation and OMBC kit for one match only. Itineraries are fixed, and requests to accommodate additional people will be denied.
13. Children of the Participants should have the capacity to fulfil the role of the Kia Official Match Ball Carrier. Children are required to be well behaved and attentive and able to cope with the potential pressures involved within a stadium environment.
14. The winner will be notified via a phone call by Kia. If the winner does not respond to the message notification within 2 days, the candidate is understood to have forfeited his/her place as the winner.
15. Kia and the winner will enter into an Agreement for the participation of the winner´s child as ball carrier in the UEFA Europa League.
16. The prize, as described is available on the date of publication. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Kia. Accordingly, Kia may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Kia as a result thereof. All prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
17. The winner will be required to participate in reasonable publicity on behalf of Kia.
18. The purchase of Kia products and/or services by the Participant does not affect the results of the campaign.
19. Kia confirms that the Participant´s data will be used for the purpose of administration of this competition and for no other purpose, unless Kia has the Participant´s consent, and will be used in accordance with the applicable data protection laws and the declaration of consent – see https://www.kia.com/uk/Privacy for details.
20. Kia is responsible for the publication and adjudication of the competition including ensuring it complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Provision of the prize is the responsibility of Kia.
21. These Terms and Conditions are to be interpreted in accordance with UK law and any dispute arising out of these Terms or their subject matter is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the UK Courts.